Monday, May 23, 2011

Final Project: What I want to produce

I want to open up a clothing store for men. It will be called London Destruction. The company will offer 1800’s inspired custom men’s clothing. We will offer unique clothing for the fashion savvy young man. Our clothing will have a dark grunge look to it that is very bold. We will have a full range of men’s products. I want to sell tees, knits, sweaters, sports shorts, pants, denim, outerwear, leather, vests, tailored clothing/suits, shoes, and accessories. All of these products will range from $70-3,000, and come in x-small to x-large. All of our clothes will come with custom tailoring. I want to be able to clearly define my target market and be able to gain market share amongst my competitors. The target market I have selected is the most difficult market to attract. I want to brand myself so that I can attract this hard to reach market. “Fashion branding is the process whereby designers, manufactures, merchandisers, strategists, creative directors, retailers, and those responsible for selling fashion create campaigns and give fashion garments a unique identity.” (Brand Story, Joseph Hancock, Pg. 6) I want to be able to do this with my men’s clothing company. “Judith Williamson suggests that whereas an advertiser’s main goal is to sell products, good advertising requires the marketers to take into account the inherent qualities of the products as well as generate a meaning to the consumer.” (Brand Story, Joseph Hancock, Pg.24) Branding is not just about the product though, “branding is also about creating a clear vision and strategy for a company. Branding gives everyone involved a clear direction and focus.”(Brand Story, Joseph Hancock, Pg.7) Not only will I be branding my product but I will create a great business plan that will lead this men’s clothing line down the path to success. “The main function of fashion branding is to provide a structure that uses images and language to impart a meaning to retail products.”(Brand Story, Joseph Hancock, Pg. 24)

No comments:

Post a Comment