Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Week 8: Chapter Questions Dante Beatrix




1. Most consumers feel a strong attachment to their bags because they feel like the bag defines who they are. They also fell like it is a part of their wardrobe. “ Research has shown that in the handbag industry, when consumers are given a choice to buy more expensive handbags over less expensive models, most will trade up to the higher price-point bags. This is due to the simple fact that most women look at their handbags as an investment in their wardrobe. For many women, purse shopping has changed from just finding an adequate accessory to being almost an obsession; a guilty pleasure.” (Brand Story, Joseph Hancock. Pg.126)




2. I have multiple brands that I like, many which I cannot afford to purchase. If I had to pick my favorite brand of bag I would pick Betsey Johnson. I can actually afford her bags even though they are a little more money then I want to spend. He bags are always very colorful and clever. She has been able to brand her company very well. It is very easy to spot a Betsey Johnson bag. There is no other bag company like it. I think I like these bags because they reflect the fun outgoing side of me. I do think that I will eventually switch it a different brand when I get a little bit older. I see her bas as fun bags for young women. I could not see myself carrying one of those bags around when I was older.



3. The company has evolved dramatically. I think the company has definitely found their niche with children’s bags. Before they were making all different kinds of handbags, but now it seems like they are specializing in kid’s bags. For example lunch boxes and bag backs. There is a section of their website that I really like, where they put up photos of their bags with celebrities. They pulled these images from paparazzi magazines. The images depict many famous celebrities with their kids holding the Dante Beatrix products. I think they have found a really great way to brand themselves. They also have an interactive game on the website for kids to go onto with their parents and learn about the characters that they place on all of their children’s bags. The company is definitely evolving for the better!



4. I think it was brilliant that the company decided to pursue graphic design as well as bag design. They are looking for ways to make bags simpler and to make the designs more appealing. They go hand in hand I think it was a great move for the company. I do not think that branding is everything when it comes to bags. The back I have with me right now is actually a no name bag. I love the bag because it is huge and has tons of space for me to carry everything with me! I commute a lot and I look for bags that are going to be adequate for all the things I have to pack around. Another thing I love about the bag is its color and design. It is a light grey color that seems to match with everything! It does not get very dirty at all! It also has large round studs down the side that give it a funky edge. Branding does help companies become successful, but the company first has to have a product that is worthy of being branded.

No comments:

Post a Comment